Rodrigo y Gabriela
Internationally acclaimed Mexican acoustic rock guitar duo Rodrigo y Gabriela make their debut Central Coast performance, bringing their unique instrumental blend of metal, jazz and world music to California’s premier beachfront concert venue, the Avila Beach Resort. Presented in cooperation with Cal Poly Arts.
Rodrigo Sanchez and Gabriela Quintero have been playing together for more than 15 years – first as young thrash metal fans in their native Mexico City, then as innocents abroad and street musicians in Dublin, Ireland at the turn of the millennium, and finally as the globe-straddling, film-scoring, record-breaking artists they are today. Known for exhilarating live shows, Rodrigo y Gabriela have won the hearts of music lovers from the haciendas of Cuba to the Hollywood Bowl and festival fields of Europe, as they continue to weave their unique six-string magic. The extraordinary interplay between Sanchez’s fiery lead lines and Quintero’s phenomenal rhythmic battery is truly universal. The duo has reloaded their arsenal following the April 2014 worldwide release of 9 Dead Alive, their first studio album in five years. The songs are intimate, the playing intuitive, and the results are spectacular, bursting with melodic energy and rhythmic invention. Recorded at their Pacific Coast hideaway in late summer, the album captures the warmth and spontaneity of two great musicians riffing and jamming together, perfectly distilled into nine new songs teeming with desire, elegance and gusto. With career sales in excess of 1.5 million albums, blockbuster movie scores, and sold-out tours worldwide, Rodrigo y Gabriela have certainly made their mark. Their appeal is boundless, their scope limitless, and the music timeless; clearly, we have only begun to see the heights this duo can reach.
With reserved theater-style Table Seating, Balcony G/A and General Admission Lawn tickets available for sale, this will be an evening concert: gates open at 5PM and the show will start at 7PM. In the style of any great outdoor venue, you will be able to enjoy your favorite libation (adult beverages and premium beer and wine will be available for sale), snack (upgraded concert snacks available for purchase), and watch world-class entertainment under the evening Summer sky with your backdrop of the Pacific Ocean. Advance Reserved and General Admission tickets are on sale NOW at all VALLITIX outlets including Boo Boo Records in San Luis Obispo; on-line at www.vallitix.com or purchase by phone at 1 888 825-5484. All Ages – age 7 and under admitted free in Lawn Seating only when accompanied by paid adult (one child per one paid adult.) Rain or Shine. Please no outside food or beverages. No pets. No umbrellas. Low-backed lawn chairs (2’ maximum back height) and blankets allowed in Lawn Seating only. No high-backed chairs will be allowed in venue.
Paid parking available on-site.
Helpful Hints for “Rodrigo y Gabriela” Friday, May 27, 2016 at the Avila Beach Resort
- Directions to Avila Beach Resort – Highway 101 to Avila Beach (just north of Pismo Beach, just south of San Luis Obispo). Take the Avila Beach Drive exit towards the ocean. Travel 2 ½ miles and you’ll see the Resort on your right.
- Gates are at 5PM. Show starts just before 7PM. Opening act (tba) goes on at 7PM, Rodrigo y Gabriela will go on at approximately 7:45PM.
- Paid Parking on the 10th Fairway. $10 per car. No tailgating allowed. Any attendees consuming personal alcoholic beverages in the Parking Areas will not be allowed into the venue.
- There will be food and beverage for sale at the venue. No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the venue. Sealed plastic water bottles will be allowed. There will be water for available for free and bottled water available for purchase. No ice chests, picnic baskets, etc.
- All purses, bags, and backpacks are subject to search. Management is not responsible for any confiscated items.
- There will be a Golden Circle Reserved Area with chairs closest to the stage. The Golden Circle will include VIP seating (first 4 Rows, Center Section), theater seating (2 price levels), and Table Seating (1 price level). There will be upscale Balcony G/A seating. There will also be General Admission Lawn Seating. Okay to bring blankets and low-backed chairs (less than 2’ high) into General Admission area.
- Blankets and Low-Backed Chairs (under 2’) will be allowed in G/A only. No High-Backed Chairs will be allowed. No umbrellas. No one will be allowed into the venue prior to doors. Early comers will wait in line. First come first served.
- No in and outs. That means, once you’re in the venue, you can’t leave and return again for free. If you need anything else during the day (diapers, medication, jacket), bring them into the venue.
- No pets. Please do not bring your pet and leave them in the car.
- Children 7 and under are free when accompanied by paid adult in Lawn Seating only, one child per one paid adult.
- Rain or Shine.
- Call (805) 924-1142 with any additional questions.