Tedeschi Trucks Band
Formed in 2010 with a spirit of adventure that saw Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks shelve their equally successful solo careers, Tedeschi Trucks Band, a 12-piece tour-de-force, has quickly become the vanguard of modern roots music. Driven by Trucks, #16 of the top 100 Guitarists of All Time (Rolling Stone), and Tedeschi, blessed with a voice that passionately delivers a range of powerful R&B belters to gentle ballads, the group enlists dual drummers, two vocalists, a three-piece horn section, bass, and a multi-instrumentalist keyboard player for what is a greater-than-the-sum-of-its-parts collective. “A deeply skilled groove machine,” (Los Angeles Times) that displays
“a peerless brand of musical alchemy as easily cool and consoling as white hot and ascendant.”
Special Guests will be Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers!
With VIP, Balcony VIP, reserved theater-style and table seating and General Admission Lawn tickets available for sale, this will be an afternoon concert, gates open at 3:30PM and the show will start at 4:30PM and continue until sunset. In the style of any great outdoor venue, you will be able to enjoy your favorite libation (adult beverages and premium beer and wine will be available for sale), snack (upgraded concert snacks available for purchase), watch world-class entertainment under the afternoon sky with your backdrop the Pacific Ocean. Advance Reserved and General Admission tickets on sale Friday April 22nd at noon at all VALLITIX outlets including Boo Boo Records in San Luis Obispo; on-line at www.vallitix.com or purchase by phone at 1 888 825-5484. All Ages. 7 and under admitted free in Lawn Seating only when accompanied by paid adult, one child per one paid adult. Rain or Shine. Please no outside food or beverages. No pets. No umbrellas. Low-backed lawn chairs (2’ maximum back height) and blankets allowed in Lawn Seating.
Helpful Hints for “Tedeschi Trucks Band”
Sunday, September 4, 2016 at the Avila Beach Resort
- Directions to Avila Beach Resort – Highway 101 to Avila Beach (just north of Pismo Beach, just south of San Luis Obispo). Take the Avila Beach Drive exit towards the ocean. Travel 2 ½ miles and you’ll see the Resort on your right.
- Doors are at 3:30PM. Show starts just before 4:30PM. The approximate show times are: Nicki Bluhm and The Gramblers – 4:30PM to 5:30PM. The Tedeschi Trucks Band – 6PM till closing.
- Paid Parking on the 10th Fairway. $10 per car. No tailgating allowed. Any attendees consuming personal alcoholic beverages in the Parking Areas will not be allowed into the venue.
- There will be food and beverage for sale at the venue. No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the venue. Sealed plastic water bottles will be allowed. There will be water for available for free and bottled water available for purchase. No ice chests, picnic baskets, etc.
- All purses, bags, and backpacks are subject to search. Management is not responsible for any confiscated items.
- There will be a Golden Circle Reserved Area with chairs closest to the stage. The Golden Circle will include VIP seating (first 6 Rows, Center Section), theater seating (2 price levels), and Table Seating. There will also be Beachfront Balcony (G/A) and General Admission Lawn Seating. Okay to bring blankets and low-backed chairs (less than 2’ high) into General Admission Lawn area.
- Blankets and Low-Backed Chairs (under 2’) will be allowed in G/A only. No High-Backed Chairs will be allowed. No umbrellas. No one will be allowed into the venue prior to doors. Early comers will wait in line. First come first served.
- No in and outs. That means, once you’re in the venue, you can’t leave and return again for free. If you need anything else during the day (diapers, medication, jacket), bring them into the venue.
- No pets. Please do not bring your pet and leave them in the car. It may be hot.
- Children 7 and under are free when accompanied by paid adult in Lawn Seating only, one child per one paid adult.
- Rain or Shine.
- Call (805) 924-1142 with any additional questions.
- Map & Directions